[closed] NEWS: Invitation to tender for community of practice on leadership development
We are looking for a partner to co-design, deliver and facilitate a community of practice on leadership development in the UK refugee and migration sector.
Invitation to tender: Community of practice on leadership development
Through scoping research and consultations with independent funders, individuals and organisations in the sector, Migration Exchange has found a clear appetite for ongoing focus on leadership development.
So now MEX is looking for a provider to partner with us, and co-design, deliver and facilitate a community of practice on ‘leadership development in the UK refugee and migration sector’.
The focus will be to nurture existing connections, and generate new ones to harness a collective approach to thinking about how leadership development opportunities in the refugee and migration sector can be more accessible and equitable and ultimately contribute to system change.
Visual notes created by Ada Jusic, at MEX event on leadership development on 21 March 2023 in London.
In March, Migration Exchange held a leadership development discussion and networking event. Read our blog post to hear some of the key themes discussed by nine speakers, from different parts of the sector, working to build power through leadership development in the UK refugee and migration field.
Aims of community of practice
Five core aims have been developed:
- Knowledge exchange and network building among people interested in, or working on, leadership development in the UK refugee and migration sector, with the aim of sharing issues and developing practice.
- Supporting a more connected network of refugee and migration sector organisations and leadership development providers.
- Generating materials and resources that are accessible and can be shared among practitioners.
- Exploring how to address barriers to accessing leadership development opportunities, particularly those experienced due to a person’s immigration status and structural inequalities.
- Providing space to reflect on adjacent issues of wellbeing, lived experience leadership and anti-oppressive practice.
The selected partner will be expected to facilitate a minimum of six community of practice sessions within a 12-month period, with a budget of £20,000 available (inclusive of all delivery costs and VAT).
Assessment criteria and process
We will assess your proposal based on these criteria:
- Successful track record of designing and facilitating group/peer learning/community of practice/knowledge exchange workshops, or similar interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of UK social change sector and the importance of leadership development
- Commitment to values of human rights, equity and anti-oppressive practices
- Robust design and delivery plan
- Value for money
We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experience of migration or seeking protection.
We actively encourage applications from people with disabilities – please contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements so that we can accommodate these.
If your proposal is shortlisted, we will invite you for an interview. At this stage, we may invite you to provide additional information prior to the interview. Shortlisted applicants will be offered reimbursement for their time preparing for and attending the interview.
Timetable for application process:
31 May 2023: Deadline to submit proposal
7 June 2023: Shortlisted proposals will be invited to attend an interview
20-21 June 2023: Interviews
Submitting a proposal
Before submitting a proposal, please download and read all the details contained in the information pack and the accompanying FAQ sheet.
To submit a proposal, you will need to provide:
- A completed proposal form – Download proposal form (Word document)
- Copy of your CV (if applying as an individual) or copies of the CVs of the staff members who will be involved in delivering the work (if applying as an organisation).
The above documents should be sent by email to:
Anna Camilleri, Programme Manager, Migration Exchange
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number: +44 (0) 7538 232068
For an informal conversation before you apply, please contact Anna to arrange a time.
Please note that the submission deadline is Wednesday 31st May at 18:00.